Saturday, October 13, 2007

Beautiful Day

Gardening, housework. On Monday I have to return to work after a week's leave. I hoped to regularize something before I returned, but that won't happen. Tomorrow a massage. Good for me !!

Ok, next mini-goal. Carry lunch to work three out of four days next week. Dentist appointment on Wednesday that mucks it up.

Walk 10 minutes at work or after Monday - Thursday. Yeah, sounds puny to me too. But regular anything would be amazing. It is just so damn hard for me to develop habits and so easy to lose track.

Ack ... all this negativity is not helpful.

I caught a few minutes of that person who wrote Eat, Pray, Love on Oprah. She said something that stuck -- Develop a new mantra. She said that I already have a mantra, all that stuff that runs through my brain all the time. All that stuff I wrote above, she says, is my mantra. And so it is. I learn and measure myself by what I repeat. So she is right. I should develop a new mantra. I'll work on that too.

No comments: